All boys and girls ages 9 to 14 are invited to participate in the local level of competition for the 2018 Knights of Columbus Free Throw Championship. The local competition will be held February 9th from 6-9 pm at Shanley High School Gym #2.
The championship is set up to have the contestants compete within their own gender and age group. All competition starts at the local level. Winners move on to the district, regional, and state or provincial levels. From there, some make it to the international level for championship competition in their group.
Each contestant receives three warm-up tosses followed by 15 consecutive free throw attempts from the appropriate age-designated foul line. In the event of a tie each contestant receives five free throws and no warm-ups.
All contestants on the local level are recognized for their participation in the event. Participants are required to furnish proof of age and written parental consent. Download the Entry Form and bring it with to the competition. For additional information contact: Devin Wirth 701-370-1929
My brothers in Christ,
The devastation caused by Hurricane Harvey to the States of Texas and Louisiana has affected tens of thousands of people. We in North Dakota have been through a number of floods in the past twenty years and know the feelings of loss and devastation to families and communities.
With this in mind, I ask each council in the State of North Dakota to support the relief effort by contributing funds through the Disaster Relief Fund managed by the North Dakota State Council. Please write your checks to the ND State Council and make sure that in the memo line you enter Texas/Louisiana Flood Relief. Send checks to Mike Steiner, North Dakota State Treasurer, 2938 Southgate Drive, Fargo, ND 58103.
Although the need for support will continue into the months and possibly years ahead, I have set October 15, 2017 as the deadline for the state contribution to be completed.
Please give generously not only with material support, but also with your prayers.
Council 11930 was recognized as the Outstanding Council of the Year. We also received the State Deputy Award of Excellence and were Division 3 winners for Shamrock sales benefiting the Home on the Range.
Supreme Service Awards
- Youth Winner – Brother Knights helped the ND Special Olympics by providing monetary support and cooking and serving meals at their summer games.
- Community Winner – Meals on Wheels Call to Action. Brother Knights distribute meals on a monthly basis to participants.
- Culture of Life Runner-up – Brother Knights worked the Fargodome consessions to raise money for the March for Life.
- Council Runner-up – CHI Riverview Fundraiser and Social. 10 Brother Knights and their wives helped serve dinner and wine at the Annual Wine and Dine Fundraiser to help support Riverview Place, a senior living center in Fargo. The funds from the event help provide needed funds to staff the facility.
- Family Runner-up – Ramona Lincoln Move. Brother Knights helped a disabled veteran move.
The council is committed to supporting St Gianna’s Maternity Home in Warsaw, ND. We have been supplying the needed car seats for each new born for the past three years. This year, 5 seats have been donated so far.
On November 11th, 10 Brother Knights and their wives helped serve dinner and wine at the Annual Wine and Dine Fundraiser to help support Riverview Place, a senior living center in Fargo. The funds from the event help provide needed funds to staff the facility.
Serving the 5 course meal from left to right were Galen and Karla Schell, John and Sharon Pollard, Jeff and Michele Bates, John and Jeanine Bitzen, Neil and Jolean Pederson, Pete and Margaret Peters, and Bev Welder.
The wine stewards were Steve and Harlene Valenti, John and Cecile Clark, Wade and Allison Frank and Todd and Laurie Braun.
Grand Knight John Clark delivered two wheelchairs as part of the KC Wheelchair Mission to St. Gerard’s Community of Care in Hankinson, ND on December 19. Pictured with John is Sister Dianna Hell, a St Gerard’s board member.
Council 11930 was awarded the Knights of Columbus Columbian Award from Supreme. It is awarded to councils deemed outstanding in their implementation of the Service Program for the 2014-2015 fraternal year. The award is a tangible testimonial of the efficiency, industry and excellent activity program of the council.
Knight of the Year – Kevin Cowles, Council 11930 Fargo
Family of the Year Runner-up – Kevin and Marsha Cowles, Council 11930 Fargo
Supreme Service Awards
- Youth Winner – Council 11930 Fargo – Altar Servers Recognition Picnic
- Family Runner-up – Council 11930 Fargo – Beauclair Family Move
- Culture of Life Runner-up – Council 11930 Fargo – 40 Days for Life
State Deputy Award of Excellence
Outstanding Council – Council 11930 Fargo, Grand Knight Wade D. Frank
Division III Winner – Council 11930 Fargo
Shamrock Awards, Highest Dollar, Highest Per Capita (Proceeds benefit the Home on the Range)
- Division III Highest Dollar Amount – Council 11930 Fargo $850
- Division III Highest Per Capita Amount – Council 11930 Fargo $2.88